IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership
The IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership (PGD BL) is a comprehensive programme designed for individuals at all levels of management. It aims to equip learners with the fundamental skills and knowledge required for successful business management and leadership across various disciplines such as banking, finance, HR, and marketing.
NB: this information was accurate at the time of publication and is valid for the 2024 academic year. The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) reserves the right to alter any of the content prior to commencement of registration due to changes in regulation, policy, market requirements or any other valid reason.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS QUALIFICATION
The IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership (PGD BL) is a comprehensive programme designed for individuals at all levels of management. It aims to equip learners with the fundamental skills and knowledge required for successful business management and leadership across various disciplines such as banking, finance, HR, and marketing. The course is highly practical and hands-on, addressing the challenges posed by the 4th Industrial Revolution. It focuses on developing problem-solving and leadership skills, preparing learners for professional and managerial roles in a range of sectors. Additionally, it enhances the ability to manage and lead effectively, bridging functional understanding with a holistic approach.
As the programme progresses, it shifts from an operational to a more strategic perspective of leadership in a business context. The IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership is ideal for individuals seeking to enhance their employability in managerial roles by providing them with essential management and leadership skills for sustainability and a competitive edge. The programme caters to managers at various levels, equipping them with the skills required for successful business management and leadership.
MODE OF DELIVERY
Distance (Online)This IIE qualification is available online through IIE distance learning for individuals wanting to study and work. As an IIE distance student, you will receive all your support online from a dedicated team of IIE RC online tutors. Speak to a student advisor for more information.
Skills You Will Develop
IIE graduates from this qualification will gain critical disciplines such as finance, human resources, and marketing in the overall organizational strategy, emphasizing problem-solving and leadership competencies.
- Corporate General Manager
- General Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- HR Business Partner
- Finance Manager
- Managerial and Leadership Positions
Your qualification has weight!
The IIE Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership is accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE) and is registered by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) as a 120-credit qualification on Level 8 (SAQA ID No: 120560). On successful completion you will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Leadership from The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), a leading registered private provider of higher education in South Africa.
To be awarded this qualification, a minimum final year mark of 50% for each module must be achieved.
We've got your back!
All our IIE Rosebank College registered students get free software. The software includes and is not limited to MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, which come with Office 365 bundle. Students can access the software online using their RCCONNECT email addresses on office 365 or visit the campus IT Department to get FTP access to download the software.
- The appropriate technology equipment and tools are essential to succeed in distance (online) study.
- A reliable internet connection (we recommend 5-10 GB of data per month), your own device with at least Windows 8 or macOS 10.15, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge Chromium or Firefox.
- An uninterrupted power supply is also highly recommended.
What are the benefits of an IIE distance (online) qualification?
The IIE’s distance (online) delivery mode provides you with the agility of studying towards a tertiary qualification asynchronously, at different times from different locations. Distance students need to commit to approximately 20-25 hours a week for distance engagement (most of which is after hours) with material and assessments to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect:
- A sequenced online learning environment that allows you the ability to manage your learning experiences flexibly and autonomously.
- A learner guide designed to lead you through the module material and learning outcomes, empowering you to effectively pace your learning in preparation for assessments.
- Our Learning Management System is designed to break up your learning units into manageable sections which include various activities to support learning.
- Module expert online lecturers that facilitate module teaching and learning support through various technology enhanced mediums.
- Online Success Navigators provide administrative and operational guidance and support throughout your academic journey.
- A professionally registered Student Wellness Manager/Counsellor available for short-term, primary counselling services. Additionally, the Student Wellness Manager/Counsellor hosts various webinars and virtual talks on topics that promote a balanced lifestyle as you pursue your academic goals.
EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTIONS FOR ASSESSMENTS WRITTEN ON CAMPUS
From 2024, we are planning to offer you the ability to write your exam online, which will be invigilated.
- Your device needs to fulfil the minimum requirements as above with internet connectivity, a working webcam and audio recording ability, with battery life sufficient for the exam duration in case of power outage once the exam has started.
- Whilst Android devices and tablets can be used for your studies, they cannot be used for online exams.
- You are responsible for making contingency plans in case of planned power outages.
- You need to be alone in a quiet environment for writing your exams online.
- Selected final semester exams as indicated on your Programme Assessment Schedule (PAS) can be written online, at an IIE campus, or at an approved exam centre where appropriate.
WHERE ASSESSMENTS CANNOT BE WRITTEN ONLINE OR STUDENTS DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AN APPROPRIATE DEVICE
- For students based in South Africa, online students may select any campus of The IIE’s Varsity College, Rosebank College, Vega, or IIE MSA as their Examination Centre.
- An alternative examination centre is only permissible for students studying abroad and those located in a province of South Africa where there is no IIE campus. If there is no IIE campus within reach, an alternative venue will need to be sourced by you. For non-IIE venues, there is an alternative venue levy per module.
How will The IIE’s ROSEBANK College support your online learning as a distance (online) STUDENT?
Our distance teaching and learning approach is designed to allow you the freedom to self-govern your learning
experiences according to your individual needs. You are at the centre of your own learning journey, and by offering curated engagement opportunities, we partner with you to:
- Engage with subject material
- Build understanding.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Manage your work, life and studies.
- Succeed in your personal, professional, and academic goals.
|Minimum Admission Requirements|
|A HEQSF Level 7 Bachelor’s degree; OR
An Advanced Diploma; OR
An equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
|International||A SAQA Evaluation Certificate with NQF Level 7 equivalence.|
Senate Discretionary Admissions
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Where candidates do not satisfy the formal admission requirements for this qualification, The IIE may consider an admission application in terms of the Credit Accumulation and Transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning and Qualification Completion Policy (IIE010).
If applicant does not meet minimum admission requirements and there is no alternative (such as completion of NQP modules) but they have relevant experience, the following must be requested to consider admission via RPL:
1. Certificates for all formal (Accredited Higher Education qualifications) and/or informal qualifications/modules (SLP’s, Microcredentials etc.). SAQA certificates must be provided for any international qualifications.
2. CV to determine whether the following are related to the qualification that the applicant is applying for:
a. Formal (Accredited Higher Education qualifications) and/or informal qualifications/modules (SLP’s, Microcredentials etc.)
|Contemporary Management Principles and Practices||Semester 1|
|Applied Accounting and Finance for Managers||Semester 1|
|Human Resource Management||Semester 1|
|Management of Business Information and Knowledge||Semester 2|
|Research Methodology||Semester 2|
|Strategic Management and Leadership||Semester 2|
Cash Fee Per Module
Total (Per Annum)
Deposit Per Module
5 Monthly Installments
Terms Fee Per Module
The Independent Institute of Education (THE IIE) offers you the opportunity to start with a higher certificate and progress into a diploma or degree. There are several pathways offered by The IIE at IIE Rosebank College, that enable access to higher-level qualifications. Speak to the student advisor for more information.