With the rapid change in technology, Online Learning is a feasible option. There is no doubt that online education will be a game-changer for generations to come.
IS ONLINE LEARNING THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU?
Deciding on a mode of study such as online learning requires a thorough self-check and some sacrifices on the student’s part. The learner needs to have the right tools, set study goals and a study plan. There are a few burning questions when it comes to online learning, and we have demystified some of the questions below.
HOW IS ONLINE LEARNING ASSESSED?
Before committing to Online Learning, it is essential to know and understand what you are signing up for. It is crucial to understand the scope of work, the nature of assessments, and what support is available.
As a student, it is essential to check the programme specific Formative Assessment Schedule to diarise important dates such an assignment submission dates and online assessment dates. These assessments are crucial for entry into final examinations. They may also contribute to your continuous assessment mark, which could determine whether you pass or not.
At IIE Rosebank College, we have online tutors who use BlackBoard Collaborate to initiate online discussion forums with students on different modules. These online tutors also give students guidance and feedback on how to complete assignments. The tutor also creates Integrated Curriculum Engagement (ICE) tasks to enhance learning.
SUPPORT / RESOURCES TO LOOK OUT FOR WHEN CHOOSING TO STUDY ONLINE
1. An online tutor to provide cognitive module teaching and learning support.
2. A Programme Success Tutor to provide onboarding, orientation, motivation and other teaching and learning support.
3. An online librarian, for support relating to library resources, writing and referencing workshops.
4. A Student Relations Manager for student wellness e.g. counselling.
5. Interactive WhatsApp messaging support.